Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Skywriter

Note: I wrote this back in February and just found it again. It appears I may have been a bit angry back in the winter.

I saw a skywriter the other day on my way to class (contrary to popular belief, I do attend class with some frequency). It was one of the most painful experiences of my life. It was so boring and drawn out and anti-climatic.

When I first saw him he was about half way through with a W and the entire 10 minute trip down Bruin Walk he managed to draw about 5 more lines. At first I was excited, as after the W he drew two vertical lines next to each other. "Wii!" I thought, "he's advertising the Wii! That's so cool!" Then he did a horizontal line across the two i's and made it an H. "Wh"? What is that? What could he be writing? "Why," "where," "when"? Then he starts another vertical, so its gotta be one of the last two. By the time he finishes that 'E' the 'W' is going to be all blown away and people are gonna be like "'he'? He who??" And then the "N" and they say "wait, 'hen'? What's with a hen? Who the fuck cares about a hen??"...Its gonna be bad. I mean, just terrible.

Even if he does manage to write that entire word "when," What do you do with that? That doesn't sell a product or convey any sort of message. Its just vague and meaningless; I don't even think it counts as provocative or mysterious. Its just a waste of time and effort, mostly mine. So, thanks a lot Mr. Skywriter, thanks for a completely unfulfilling experience...douchebag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home